Saturday 1 August 2015

Once In a Blue Moon


I thought the phrase once in a blue moon was one of these made up sayings.  Apparently not.  Last night was the second full moon of the month and this is technically known as a Blue Moon. No it's not blue - but who would know as I don't think anyone around here would see it. Last night we had monsoon weather here, yes I know monsoons only occur in Asia but it felt that way last night as I was sitting sewing.  As I looked out into the garden as the light was fading the wind was swirling and the rain could not have come down any faster or heavier.  It's brighter this morning although the black clouds are building up again.

Sticking with the blue theme I have finished another 'bus quilt' as they are now being called in our Group.  This is just a little rail fence type block using up my blue scraps from my basket.  It has been backed with a grey fleece and I bound with a nice bright floral blue and yellow binding which was stitched down last night whilst listening to the pouring rain.



A delivery came yesterday, my Espresso Kona solid from Plush Addict.  Very quick service, I only ordered it very late on Wednesday night, I couldn't help but add a couple more pieces of fabric to the order.  No idea what they will be used for and they are not supposed to coordinate but I'll probably use them as a border for something.  



The brown solid is for backing for a Judy Martin Log Cabin quilt I made a long time ago way back when I started my quilting journey.  It is pieced with lovely autumnal colours and has been sitting patiently waiting to be sandwiched and quilted - I think it's time.  This backing will be sprinkled with Missouri Star Disappearing Pinwheel Blocks in which I have used up the remains of the fabrics from the front.  I still haven't decided on the layout yet though, I keep changing my mind on this one.



That's my cup empty again so I had better go and get on with my day.  I hope you manage to find some time to do a little sewing this week. 



No comments: