Thursday 19 June 2014

A Gift of Caring - A Lovely Lady

I met a lovely lady last night for the first time who has a wonderful gift.  The gift of caring. We have spoken a number of times over the past year but I was so pleased to finally meet up.  T nursed Mum last year, she is one of a wonderful team of Marie Curie nurses who devote not only their working hours but many of these ladies fundraise for the charity and help others in need of care outwith their nursing hours.

Whilst clearing out aunt's house the family felt quite a lot of the household items could be used and given to charity.  As well as being a MC nurse, T helps people who have nothing, or very little, set up house and add to their meagre possessions.  I delivered a number of boxes to her last night full of linens, towels, crockery, cutlery and kitchen goods. She was delighted.  

I also delivered these. five quilts which I have made over the last few months.  These will be used specifically for Marie Curie either in fundraising events or as a little comfort for people like Mum.  As the anniversary of Mum's death draws closer I hope she would be pleased that I have managed to help in a very, very small way.


Crazy Paving
 


Lavender Lane

Limes Leaves and Lovehearts
 

Churning it Up - 15 Minutes of Play


Baby Blue
 

Twister is finished but I don't have a photo yet.  I will not reveal this one until K has finished hers.  I know her quilting design will be much more detailed than mine but I don't want to influence her in any way.  This has been a great project which I really loved doing.  The little bright Linus quilt is almost finished too it just needs one edge of the binding to be stitched and a label.

It's great that the sun has been shining this week - I may manage to sit in the garden today and finish off that binding!

3 comments:

margaret said...

I am sure these quolts will bebgratly appreciated and si good that all the bits and pieces will find homes rather than going in a skip. It is early days since you lst your Mum such a sad time, I lost mine in 2006 when she was 92. I too am de cluttering and have Wheatfields Hospice where my daughter is a nurse coming on monday for my dining room table, display cabinet and a few other things that will raise money towards the cost of the hospice, only a small amount but every penny helps.

margaret said...

sorry I read through the post I wrote and did not notice all the spelling mistakes until it was too late

Karen said...

Time I'm told is a great healer and I'm sure your latest efforts will be much appreciated. I'm feeling no pressure (aye right!) to get Twister finished but inspiration is a bit lacking at the moment. Think I need a wee nudge! Kx